Vscode Dll errors

When installing and loading igraph in Rstudio (R version 4.2.2), everything seems normal. However, when doing so in VScode, I get the following error:

> library(igraph)
Error: package or namespace load failed for 'igraph' in inDL(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now), ...):
 unable to load shared object 'C:/Users/lu_41/Documents/R/win-library/4.1/igraph/libs/x64/igraph.dll':
  LoadLibrary failure:  ?ò2?μ????¨μ?3ìDò?£

I’ve tried reinstalling, using the dev version, installed visual C++, and stil get the same error. I have no idea why its happening because everything was pretty normal a few days ago both in Rstudio and Vscode. It might have something to do with the vscode packages I have? As recently I installed quite a lot of them, although I have no idea how it could relate to a DLL load failure.

1 Like

A quick Google search for ?ò2?μ????¨μ?3ìDò?£ did not turn up anything useful :slight_smile: I suspect that this is a localized message from the operating system that is somehow displayed with the wrong encoding; is there a way to switch the entire OS to English so we could understand what the message is about?

I am also getting this error - any resolution yet?