I want to check a few functionalities I have created and add them in python igraph but I want to do it locally. But i am facing issues while doing it.
I have done the following steps
- Created a venv
- Tried to create an editable using python command.
I m facing the error :
Could not build wheels for igraph which is required to install pyproject.toml -based projects
The way I work with the Python interface on my machine is as follows:
- I start from a fresh Github checkout:
git clone https://github.com/igraph/python-igraph
- I install the vendored igraph source with
git submodule update --init --recursive.
- I create a virtualenv within the folder:
python3 -m venv .venv
- I update everything within the virtualenv, just in case:
.venv/bin/pip install -U pip wheel
- hack hack hack
- Run the unit tests with
./test.sh. This works on Linux or macOS only as it’s a bash script, so if you are on Windows, you can run
.venv\bin\pip install -v .[plotting,test] to install the library and its dependencies (also the ones required for plotting or testing), followed by
.venv\bin\pytest tests to run the unit tests.